50 years later, it’s back and better than ever!
This unique package combines the ISLAND “Carny”, an evolved redux of the Silvertone 1448 and the Benson Amps “Drifter” 5w all-tube amp-in-case combo.
- One-Piece ultralight Solid Red Cedar body, natural or Milk Paint finish
- Quartersawn Poplar neck with static reinforcement
- “Bolt-thru” attachment: The neck is extended deep into the body” The bridge is bolted through the neck into an insert in the body
- Black Locust fretboard
- 23.5″ scale length
- Machined aluminum nut
- Custom bridge by CJ Tooling. Rosewood, brass or steel saddles available
- Body-mounted lipstick pickup by MOJO Pickups wound to vintage spec
- Italian Celluloid, or grained Ivoroid pickguard and bindings.
Benson Amps Drifter
- Entirely handwired, point-to-point in Portland, OR by Chris Benson
- 5W, all tube, with tremolo
- Speaker-out (4 ohm)
- 8″ Jensen speaker (other options available upon request)
ISLAND Carny and Benson Drifter Amp-in-Case Combo: $4000 USD
Please inquire for custom options and pricing.
All prices are subject to change without prior notice. A non-refundable $900 USD deposit is required to start the build. The balance and shipping are due upon completion of the instrument.
Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) are accepted here.