The Beanstock Bass was designed as the counterpart to the Espeto travel guitar. The goal was to design a lightweight, compact bass that blends modern features and ergonomics with vintage feel and tone. The extended single cut/deep cutaway design allows easy access to all 24 frets while allowing the bass to sit such that the first fret is much closer to the player, eliminating fatigue and strain. The bass is made from the lightweight, resonant reclaimed timbers and has a carbon fiber reinforced neck that is stiff and stable. The 31” scale is comfortable without feeling “floppy”. The bass measures 35” total length and is 12” wide in the lower bout making it easy to travel with. The Beanstock Bass is highly customizable with options such as unique finishes, exotic wood tops, pickup choices, nut widths and neck dimensions, fretboard radius and number of strings (4, 5, 6). Contact me to discuss any ideas you may have.
- Reclaimed Spruce body with Milk Paint, transparent or natural finish
- Carbon Fiber reinforced Maple or Doug Fir neck, w/ 2-way truss rod
- Maple, Black Locust or Composite fretboard, 31” scale length, 16” radius, w/Jescar nickel or EVO fretwire
- Delano Pickups and passive electronics (other options available)
- Hipshot bridge and headpiece
- Includes gigbag
- $2550 for 4 strings
- 2650$ for 5 strings
- 2750$ for 6 strings
* USD base (price subject to change without prior notice)
Contact me for pricing on custom options.
A $900 USD deposit is required to start the build. The balance and shipping are due upon completion of the instrument.